Equilore provides Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP), a nature-based form of mental health support where people learn new things through experiencing. We work with a range of people from children to adults, from those suffering with extreme anxiety, loss, trauma, relationship breakdown, mental health problems as well as providing a positive therapeutic approach for those suffering with long term or terminal illness.
Horses mirror our emotions and, therefore, it is not always necessary to verbally express the struggles we face. In this respect, equine therapy forms an alternative to talking therapies which can become imperative to those who feel so overwhelmed they are unable to verbalise what they face.
We are a new, small charity, just 20 months old but we have seen significant growth – more than doubling our staff, premises and income (circa £50k p/a).
We are now looking for new trustees to support the continued strategic development and growth of the charity and help us meet the growing demand for our services.
We welcome applications that will help us to diversify in terms of age profile, skills, experience and background and we are particularly interested in applicants who can demonstrate they have one or more of the following skills or experience categories:
- Business, strategic and leadership appropriate to the Equilore’s business
- Financial and/or accountancy skills and experience to help us plan in response to our growth
- Digital marketing skills to help us improve our social media presence
- Publicity to help us maximise our profile both across our region and nationally
- Other skills and experience demonstrably beneficial to the Equilore’s activities
If you wish to have an informal chat prior to application, contact:
Loes Koorenhof, Director and Founder at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Felicity Mallam, Chair of Trustees at email@example.com
Please send your CV and an introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org